Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sex in Cinema: The Early Years


Although numerous histories of sex in film have issued forth, the rarity of artifacts of the many lost films of the silent era has lent to their earliest chapters an air of grasping preposterousness and blatant invention that has never been superceded. Until now. In response to requests that I "set the record straight," I've constructed a video primer of the movement towards greater openness, sensitivity, and exploitation in the early cinema. Where evidence has previously been doubtful, I have set aside these doubts; where evidence has previously been nonexistent, I have come up with it; and where evidence has been incontrovertible, I have ignored it. The result, I think, is definitive.

Also, I have had requests for a "chick video."