Sunday, September 25, 2005

Now I know what to call myself

Well, I suppose it's about right. But bloody hell: it doesn't sound very interesting. I suppose describing myself as an "arch-reactionary" or "rabid right-winger" just won't do anymore. Though here in Massachusetts, not exactly known for political fine distinctions, it all amounts to pretty much the same thing: Michael Oakeshott, Genghis Khan...

On the other hand, considering that the only currently acceptable political labels seem to be "moderate" (which implies either "I'm nice, don't yell at me" or "I'm a stealth radical") or "independent" (which implies either "I'm boldly independent, I wear leather jackets" or "I'm cool with lotsa stuff, don't yell at me"), perhaps this is a constructive step.

Those who claim they "don't believe in labels" may be excused to watch the DVD of Woodstock yet again.

I should point out that for a social conservative, I'm not very social; and that for an economic one, I'm not terribly economical. I should also note that some of my best friends are liberals, which I think is quite admirably liberal of me.

I presume that these tests are intended for singles only, so we may wish to discount for the fact that I am non-single, and not in the mood (market?) for either a substitute mate or an additional one. Thank God. What sort of person takes tests to meet people? (Please justify yourselves at once!)

The results, then:

You are a

Social Conservative
(33% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(73% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Republican




Link: The Politics Test on OkCupid Free Online Dating